The objective of the Wilhelm Lorch Foundation is to foster and support young people in the textile and fashion sector by providing funding for training and further training opportunities. The Foundation's efforts in this field are supported by leading figures and companies from this sector.
If you work in our industry, or are engaged in an apprenticeship or course of study preparatory to beginning a career in the sector, or if you are interested in advanced training for yourself, then you could be the right person to become a prizewinner of the Wilhelm Lorch Foundation.
We don't provide setting up business. Applications must be submitted in English or German. The deadline for receipt of applications is Wednesday, October 20, 2021.
The Awards Selection Committee will decide, in March 2022, who is to receive the Awards. The presentation ceremony takes place during the TextilWirtschaft Forum. To receive the award, recipients must attend the Forum in person. Please send your application to:
Mainzer Landstraße 251
D-60326 Frankfurt am Main
Phone: +49 69 7595 1305
Prizes for work presented in final examination
The Foundation awards prizes to completed works of direct relevance to the fashion and textile sector, the textile trade and/or the garment manufacturing industry, as well as related fields. The project can be concerned with design, textile and apparel technology, economics with all its facets in the industry, sourcing and logistics, as well as key issues around new retail, digitalization of the supply chain, customer relationship management, sustainability processes, starting with the product and ending with the point of sale. Other general topics on ecology, digital transformation / agility, innovations or international interweavement are kindly desired.
As stipulated in the Foundation's charter, funding is to be used for training purposes only. Embargoed projects will be treated in the strictest confidence and neither disclosed nor published. Age limit: 32.
Your application should include:
- a curriculum vitae in tabular form suitable for copying, together with a passport photograph and certificates
- Details (in bullet points, max. 2 pages in total):
- details of your current employment
- a description of how you see your education and career continuing in the future
- what are your career goals?
- a statement about how you would use the prize money for advanced training should you be selected, please indicate the institution and the fees
- a complete, bound copy of the dissertation including drawings / tableaux / fabric swatches, if appropriate. If absolutely necessary, please send one part of the collection only. Photographs are the better choice in such cases. Please ensure, that the documents are well packed and labeled. No liability can be accepted for damage in transit.
- Please also include a digital version of the application and the completed work.
- a brief description of the content of the dissertation (one page)
- a reference from the university lecturer concerned on headed paper of the faculty, including details of the grade awarded (max. two pages)
- in the case of dissertations linked to a specific company, a letter of approval from the company for submission to the Wilhelm Lorch Foundation.